Friday, August 10, 2012

Update on our last week of hosting

I've been trying to write for almost a week now but blogger has had a different idea than me! It either wouldn't publish and save or let me log in period! So anyways, this is our last week of hosting Masha. In fact as I type hubby is driving down I-10 east headed out of FL on our way to NC. I can't even begin to describe the feelings we have now, let's just say they are mixed and jumbled! We know we are not looking forward to Sunday at the airport and having to send her back. We have truly enjoyed having her be with us for the past 3 weeks. It has been an adventure and a huge learning experience! I'm going to apologize now it's hard to put my thoughts together stuck in the car trying to type a blog post on my phone!!! We have met a lot of Russian speakers living here in America during this experience also it's been wild! Night before last as we were checking into our hotel in D'iberville MS I recognized the desk clerks accent so started taking to her and she later came by to visit with Masha while we ate dinner. We also visited with one of Jareds friends last week after church who is married to a native Russian and she invited one of her friends over who us a native Ukrainian so luckily Masha has had several opportunities to converse in her native language. She has picked up lots of new English words and understands a few phrases now. Ashlyn has enjoyed having someone to play with and giggle with too, every night I have to tell them multiple times to be quiet they are going to wake up the babies! Speaking of which we left them at home with my parents since it is such a long drive to NC. I am missing them like crazy but glad they aren't here stuck in the car all day! Well we are almost to GA I think anyway so pray for us and that hopefully there is a break in the rain we've been driving in since LA so the girls can go to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!