Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Why are we hosting?!?!?!

Why are we hosting?! Well there are several reasons but I guess the biggest one is why not?! We aren't super parents, we are just regular people with normal boring lives. I have wanted to host for a year or two now but things came up and also when you start getting down to brass tacks....well it's scary! Lol like I said we are not special or extraordinary we are very very normal. I read about these other families that are hosting or adopting and think wow what awesome people but truth be told they are probably as normal as we are! You don't have to be this super organized, well traveled person to host a child. What you do need is a genuine want to help an orphan enjoy their time here all it basically requires is a little paitence and a little bit of a sense of adventure. Sure it's kinda scary I mean it's unknown and unfamiliar but what in life hasn't been that way at some point?! On the plane ride to NC to meet Masha I kept thinking to myself are we really going to be able to do this? And guess what we are! It hasnt even been a week yet but I already know it's worth all the scary feelings you'll have and questions you will ask yourself. It is awkward at times?! Uh heck yeah it is but it's a lot of fun too! I seriously recommend hosting to any family who have contemplated it before but thought they weren't brave enough to do it! Just look at the pictures on my Facebook page of her smiling and having a good time, that right there makes it worth it to me:) and the best is yet to come my 9 year old daughter will finally be home this weekend so the fun really begins then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!