Monday, August 27, 2012

ransoms

Ok this is the last thing I translated as she was getting ready to board the airplane with the group of kids she came to America with to be hosted for the summer, it was my response to her typing " I made my decision, I want to live with you". You have no idea how how hard and stressful this whole process is and not having the money to make it go faster is even worse. I honestly did not think that we were meant to adopt her with the mix up on which child we were hosting, we were signed up for a 9 year old and got a 13 year old but God knew what he was doing. The first week I was in total denial, I was literally making up excuses why she was not ours. I mean really who wants to adopt a 13 year old girl from a country where you have to spend over a month in that country to adopt?!? and who wants to go through all the stress of begging people for money and support and working your butt off to save and make money to do it?!?! Jared kept dropping hints that we should adopt her and I was just like no I dont think so. Until the hosting program wanted her back with the group of kids in another state so she could be taken to meet other families...it hit me I didnt want her to go. I was up that whole night and cried when I told her she was needed back with the group, I cried even more when she kept telling me she didnt want to go. She wanted to be here with us, she just fits here. I cant even begin to describe how it felt to have to send her back to her counrty, to the orphanage...it was very hard. Imagine you have a baby and after 3 weeks they make you give it back but the place it goes is not a great place. They have lots of babies there and not enough adults to take care of them. They sleep in a dorm with a dozen or more others, they have no personal belongings or privacy. You can get your baby back but you have to do a ton of paperwork and subject yourself to interviews and background checks that take months to complete, oh yeah and the worst part...ready for it? You have to pay a lot of money to get them back around $30,000. Would you do it for your baby? Would you pay a ransom if someone kidnapped your child or spouse? Well thats how we feel, we need that money to ransom our girl. She deserves a family that wants her here and wants to love her. We are trying our hardest to get through this process fast but it takes time to do everything we are reqiured to do and save and raise the money. We have a budget we are sticking to so we can put as much of our money into the adoption fees as we can but its not enough. it would take over a year for us to just save the money. She is 13 and will be 14 by the time we get there. Time is literally running out for her. Please consider donating to our adoption fund and praying for us. Oh and by the way please dont even think of leaving rude comments about this here, they will be deleted and ignored:)
https://www.facebook.com/events/190787547720025/

1 comment:

  1. I understand. We also hosted an orphan from Eastern Europe who asked us to adopt her. The fundraising seems to take forever (although one or two grant award can speed things up considerably). We will keep your struggle in our prayers. And know that our family is also struggling with the same issues as we worry about our little Alex.

    ReplyDelete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!