Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sooo much going on!!!

Well it has been really busy around here in the last week! The awesome crib I got on craigslist....well turned out to be saturated in smoke. We aired it outside several days, I tried vinegar, pine sol, pledge, Murphy oil, borax, febreeze.....and it still smelled! So we donated it and bought a brand new crib, changing table and mattress from walmart with the help of some gift cards I kept forgetting about!! Jared put it all together Saturday and we got the crib set in as well. I went to SAM's Sunday and bought a few sleepers for her so I guess we're pretty much ready for at least a week or two anyway! My poor Kaeden is sick again with a runny nose and cough. We went to the DR last week for his 18 month check up but they said it was just a virus so at least no need for meds this time! Saturday was also Ashlyn's 9th birthday!!! Really hard to believe my girl is 9 now. We are having her party this weekend coming up and she asked that instead of presents she get money to donate to Reece's Rainbow, specifically to Celine's grant fund! My kids are spoiled and have WAY too much especially since it was just Christmas! I'm trying to teach Ashlyn that we should help others, that when you have more than enough of something you should share it! I really want her to have a servant's heart. As for baby news, I have nothing new to report. As far as I know everything is fine! I talked to the agency last week and they said her dr appt went great. No contractions or any cause for concern and the due date is still Feb. 11 or close to it! I'm ready but at the same time I'm not!!! As I look at today's date it makes my heart start racing....really it's already the 24th!!!! How did it already become the end of January!?!? Kinda scary!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can not stand when people don't disclose they smoke when selling things. Baby products for sure! Who wants to put their baby in a smokey mess? ICK.
    Can not wait to see the room all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was BAD!!! But the agency called me today with an update! The baby is about 6.5 lbs right now, the birth mom will be 38 wks on Friday so she has another appt then. So far no issues, just a little swelling so hopefully no baby for a couple of weeks!!! I'd like another payday or two until she comes! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!