Monday, November 19, 2012

Update on fundraising:)

Well Saturday night I had a "spa party" here at the house as a fundraiser. After supplies and food we made just over $100! I had a craft show the next day that didn't go so well...I paid $25 for a booth and I sold one $3 necklace....ummm yeah it was a big epic fail! I was going to do another craft show the second week of December but I am now thinking of not doing it, none of the craft shows I have ever done have been considered successful:( So we need to find something else to help with adoption costs besides my crafts because considering money spent on supplies and then my time and effort we have lost money on them. We do have a few months left to raise all the money so that is a good thing! It looks like March will be when we get to travel to go meet the kids and get our official referrals but that could change, it just all depends on how fast our paperwork is approved both by our government and theirs! We got a few new pics of Masha yesterday from our friends! Cant wait until we actually get to see her again! Jared decided yesterday that Kaeden needed to start sleeping in a toddler bed, so he converted his crib and further Kaeden proofed his room. He did good and took a nap just fine and slept all night too. I am about to put him down for a nap now so we will see how that goes! LOL Last night we also taped off on the floor in the family room where the new bedroom will be for Grayson and Kaeden. It's going to be a little awkward because we need a hall way large enough for Grayson to get through with a wheel chair when he is older but it will work for the boys until Masha is older and goes off to college then they can fight over who gets her room! OK now the scary part...money...I hate even thinking of it because it is so scary but here it is... We have currently in our grant through Reece's Rainbow $4686.10 with another $1000 we personally sent in to commit to Grayson. I have a $250 check from a friend that is on its way to that account and we have our auction going on now on facebook so with all of that we have about $7,000 there. In our personal savings we have about $2,000 i am guesstimating. I have not looked since our check to USCIS cleared last week that was $890. So depending on time of year we travel, how long we have to be there etc etc we still need at least $10,000 at least....see I told you it was a scary number! And its the lowest guesstimate I can offer for now. As we get further in the process it will be a more firm number that could grow or shrink. There are so many unknowns especially with the country we are adopting from! We are and have been cutting back our expenses around the house to save and will continue this forever. We are saving money every paycheck for adoption costs but the truth is we need help, we hate asking for it but we do. If we don't fund raise at all and just save and wait it will be a year or more before we could go get the kids...they need us now, heck I need them now. I'm going crazy wanting my kiddos all here with us! I want to get Grayson to a doctor, I want to have Masha here begging me to go swimming again! I'm putting these pictures up of some items that are in our facebook auction that either have no bids or lows bids....https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar#!/events/376838552399493/






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!