Friday, November 16, 2012

A weekend of fundraising....

This weekend will be jam packed with fundraisers for us! Tomorrow night (Saturday) I am having a spa party here at the house. I have a friend who is a Chiropractor and has graciously offered her massage services for free!!! Amazing right, I cannot Thank Heather enough for doing this! So she is going to be giving mini massages, I am going to be giving mini facials like I did when I worked at Origins and we will have a station set up for self pedicures and self hand treatments! I am also making lots of yummy snacks, recipes courtesy of pinterest lol and we will have wine and sodas all for $20 a person!!! It gets better...I also have a few door prizes I will give away just for coming and there are gift cards for sonic and Boca tan that can also be won for a small donation. I'm hoping to raise a little money for my kiddos and enjoy an evening with some friends and family. Sunday I have a craft show all day here locally for a charity event so I am hoping my items will sell better at this event since it already is a charity event. I made bath bombs yesterday for us to use Saturday and a few for me to sell. I also made an awesome smelling eucalyptus mint sugar scrub to use at the spa party on our hands and feet. Mmm, I can hardly wait!!! And in other news our dryer died AGAIN...we bought it brand new in June of 2011 so its just over a year old. Its a samsung steam dryer ya know the fancy kind with all the buttons and has the matching fancy front loading washer...yeah those I do not ever want another front loading washer again. It gets a funky smell all the time, you have to clean it all the time and drain funky smelly water from the bottom drain yuck and don't even get me started on the dryer, stupid thing started dying in July just a few weeks after the warranty went out on it. After calling and arguing with Samsung a few times they agreed to cover repairs on it after I paid the service call $85. Well it took a few weeks to get the guy out here he finally fixed it yay it worked about 2 weeks and died again...call samsung back OK same issue so I don't have to pay but its going to be two weeks before they can come out. Blah, blah, blah anyway every time it dies it takes a few days to a few weeks to get it fixed then in about two to three weeks it dies again. The heating element is getting too hot and literally melting, it got so hot last time they replaced it in October it was melting wires around it. Well since this is the fourth time it has happened Samsung is giving us a partial refund....yeah it sucks but its better than nothing so I am dryer shopping and well I hate spending over a $100 on anything and right now I really hate spending money period because I keep thinking of all the adoption costs we still have to pay in a few months. So even though I need a dryer and it has to be done I am struggling with actually spending the money! So I guess I am going to have spend almost $400 on a "cheap" dryer since it doesn't look like one is just going to magically appear for free in my laundry room, oh well! At least with the partial refund I can buy a new dryer and have a little left over to buy another car seat for Savannah and pay for things for the spa party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!