Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Happy Yet Hurting Heart

My heart is happy yet hurting at the same time...a friend of mine is in my kids country now adopting her two newest kids. It is amazing getting photos of Masha from them and hearing updates. They were able to take her a small package with gifts and letters too. It is so nice to be able to know how she is doing and hear from her through letters and through this family. Today the mom returned back to the country for their court date and as she was walking up the driveway of the orphanage Masha thought she was me and got all excited for a few minutes until she realized it wasnt me, just another blonde american lady! That is what makes my heart happy yet hurt at the same time. I am so glad she misses us, so glad we are able to know these things yet so sad that I am not there and she is missing us. I know we will travel in a few short months but somedays it feels like forever. This process is not for the faint of heart, it is draining in every sense of the word but I know in the end what we are doing is worth it. Not only are we getting our kids home to us but we are literally saving their lives. I know we can't save them all but we can save these two and hopefully help other families bring their kids home too. We got a new picture of Masha today and she looks so beautiful and grown up! Scary that in a few months I will be the mother of a 14 year old girl!!! And the mother of 5 children!!! Wow that still is kinda scary to see lol! We need a bigger dining room table!!! good thing our house is big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!