Thursday, November 29, 2012

And more construction!!!

The room is still under construction so my house is still covered in dust and torn apart. As I sit here and type Jared is taping and floating the drywall. Sounds like fun huh, and he is loosing work time this weekend so he can be my date:) One of my best friends that I have known since high school is getting Married Saturday and I am her matron of honor so tomorrow night he is coming to the rehearsal dinner and then Saturday the wedding and Saturday we are staying in a hotel room in Kemah, it was a gift from the bride and groom! I cannot even remember the last time we were in a hotel room alone together. Usually we have kids with us! So I am very excited about the weekend getaway and getting to spend some time with my hubby and out with other adults and just have a good time. My parents are keeping the kids for us so we can do this stuff, I'm afraid in a few months though they wont be as apt to keep all our kids at the same time! At least we aren't like the Duggars, we will only have 5! Maybe by next weekend we will be ready to paint at least the outside of the new walls so we can put the furniture back and put the kids play room back together. Right now all their toys from the play room are scattered all over my living room, it looks horrible. I gave up even trying to pick them up this week. Oh well on the adoption front we are waiting on USCIS approval, we got our appointment letters today to come have our fingerprints done for FBI background checks and are hoping to walk in earlier then our appt so it will speed up the process by about two weeks! After that we have a few more things I need to drive to Austin to have apostilled. Then its more waiting.....waiting and hmmm more waiting!!! I have started buying a few things here and there for our trip though. I have no clothes that will be warm enough for their winters so I did some online shopping on black Friday and bought gloves, hats and scarves and some boots which I need to buy water proofing spray for since we will probably be there when its snowing. Yuck I hate snow, I am not a fan of cold weather at all so this part is not going to be fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!