Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crafting news

I did a craft/yard sale today at a local church. I thought it was going to be a good mixture of the two...well pretty much it was a yard sale! Most people shopping at yard sales are not interested in paying for crafts even though mine are inexpensive crafts! I did sell about half of my hair bows, a few glycerin soaps and bath bombs and a few bottle cap necklaces. We also had a big banner on the front of the table with the kids we are adopting photos and a short story about them. We had about $50 in donations and I handed out lots of papers with our blog address on it and a short intro about the kids and adoption. As of right now we are pretty much just waiting on our background checks to come in and a few other things so our social worker can finish our home study. I'll be sending her the last few papers needed except for the background checks this week. I wish there was a way to move faster but unfortunately there isn't. Even though I know we are actually moving pretty fast it feels like a snails pace when you know your two children are thousands of miles away from you. As soon as I am done writing this I am writing a letter to our girl that will be delivered to her next week telling her we are trying to get there as fast as we possibly can but unfortunately it will be awhile, she does not understand that we have to go through this long process! In the mean time we have an AVON fundraiser going on now, a 31 fundraiser that will be starting soon, another yard sale planned and a poker tournament we are working on! In between all that still doing our everyday normal stuff that comes with having three kids in the house and I'm in the matron of honor in a wedding that is in December so as you can imagine its just a little crazy here!!! Hopefully this week we will be listed on the new commitments section of Reece's Rainbow and we can publicly announce who the secind child we are adopting is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!