Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kindness of strangers....

Well the past few weeks have been very crazy and just a little ok a lot stressful. Pasha had a feeding tube placed 3 weeks ago them 2 weeks later developed a pretty bad post op infection. This week all 4 of my toddlers have a mild stomach bug which has resulted in lots laundry and extra diapers around here. 

We also put a bid in on a house in a better school district than where we are now and the house is better able to be handicap accessible for Pasha and possibly Berkeley depending on her needs. It's in a very family friendly neighborhood and right around the corner from the neighborhood pools. Now we just need to sell our current home, we have several showings scheduled so hopefully it will be soon. Technically we are downsizing a little and we got the house for an amazing price but the area is very nice, it's older homes with big lots and gorgeous trees! 

Anyway here's the kindness of strangers part....I had someone tell me a couple of months ago through an email that they knew someone who wanted to bless our family's adoption of Berkeley with a substantial gift. I was thinking wow amazing but of course still skeptical because I have heard of other families receiving anonymous large gifts BUT you also hear of families being promised donations and they never come through. So we took a chance and have our address and pretty much put it out of our heads. Well tonight I came home to an envelope with no return address and a money order for $6000....... Yes I said $6000!!!!! I almost cried I was so happy that means for Berkeley's adoption we are FULLY FUNDED!!!! All that's needed financially is plane ticket money for a friend to go with me for a couple of weeks to help!!!!! I always dreamed of that happening but never actually thought it would!!!! I'm amazed and very thankful!  

We are still going to do some fundraising....there is a teeny tiny chance that we might bring another girl home. Very tiny chance but just in case I want to be prepared. Whatever money we don't use we will pay forward to other families adopting!!!!

Pasha in his brothers hat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've been sick so I haven't been on here for a while... PRAISE THE LORD! I am so happy you received the gift. Can't wait till Berkeley's home! ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!