Monday, October 21, 2013

Berkeley's birthday

Today at 4 pm central time it will start Berkeley's 10th birthday. While I'm very sad I'm missing her birthday I am comforted knowing this is her last one without a family.

When we committed to her we had planned on being there with her for this birthday and hopefully back in the US in a week or two but you know how things go when you make plans that intercede with Gods.....several delays have happened all beyond our control we had issues with getting our social worker here. She kept taking weeks to return phone calls and emails and eventually I got tired and just had to hire a new social worker, well since we had to start over we have to re do background checks that we just had done in August and a few other papers. Also since Pasha has been in and out of the hospital I have not been as diligent as I should have been with hounding the original person. 

I know it's all in his timing though, I just keep having to remind myself of that. We had delays last year and after we finally traveled we could see the perfectness of Gods timing in our trip. Had we traveled earlier we would not have met some great people we did while there, we would not have adopted Callen and having that knowledge it comforts me that we will get to Berkeley in his perfect time. 

Everything now will just depend on how fast our paperwork gets approved by her government once they re open after all the winter holidays. Just like last year we will be ready and waiting on travel dates after Christmas. So we could travel anytime from late January to late March.....anyway back to my girl turning 10. We are fully funded for Berkeley's adoption thanks to several things. Her large grant through Reece's Rainbow, my husband taking an extra job, friends lovingly donating, us selling things around the house and an anonymous gift to finish it out! We are so very appreciative, after working so hard last year to save and fundraise we just were exhausted. BUT.....yes there's a but and it's big. 

We are approved for 2 children.....we already know the 2nd child that we will bring home if we are able. It's a long shot, a very long shot not just financially but with a few other things but if this child can come home we will need $15,000 to make it happen. Yes $15,000....,I know I groan just thinking of it. This child is on the other side of the country from Berkeley. Of course we are still saving money and fundraising in case we are able to adopt this child we can. And since it is a long shot any extra money we have that isn't used for adoption fees we will donate to other families in need for their adoptions.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BERKELEY!!!!! I know she won't see this, but the wishes are still the same. I am so glad this will be her last birthday without a family. We'll try to send that package sometime next week. ~Grace

    ReplyDelete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!