Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm hoarding shoes....

My living room looks like we are getting ready to be featured on Hoarders: Buried Alive lol! Seriously there are piles of bags and boxes everywhere. Some are ours to move to the new house but most are donated clothing and shoes. 

Even though we have a bunch we still need more we are guesstimating that we have around 1500 pairs of shoes and probably 500-700 lbs of clothing between the four families....our goal is 15,000 pairs of shoes AND 20,000 lbs of clothing.....we are a long ways from reaching our goal so I'm begging for help....4 families 6-8 kids being adopted. Please help if you live close to Houston or know people here.

One pile in my living room

Callen and Savannah 

Callen and Savannah

3 comments:

  1. Would you be open to those of us who are willing to mail shoes to you? I am sure I can squeeze some into a flat rate shipping box :) I know every dollar or shoe in this case counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan but the shipping would be more than what we would get for the shoes:( they are paying us .70 a lb for them and only .15 a lb for clothing:(

      Delete
  2. Start putting pennies in the souls of those shoes!!! Ginger on a Mission will continue to pray for your family and with our upcoming craft fair we will hopefully be able to put some money into your grant :) I can't wait to see who the +1 is!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!