Friday, October 12, 2012

Paper Pregnancy

I was having a hard time even thinking of what to call this post so I just called it what it is, paper pregnancy. To tell the truth I'd much rather go through a physical pregnancy than all this paperwork! I have been both kids of pregnant before and even all the morning sickness and hormones and weight gain are nothing compared to an international adoption. The amount of paperwork required for it is crazy huge and very stressful. You have to make sure everything little thing is perfect every i dotted correctly, every t crossed just right. Right now we almost done with our home study, there were a few paper work issues that delayed it getting done sooner:( We went ahead and have started on our dossier paperwork while we wait for the home study to be completed. We know we are going to miss the November cut off date for submitting everything before the country we are adopting from shuts down for the winter but we are hoping to at least have eveything done so when they do open again we will be one of the first families to get a travel date. I would love to be there before our girls birthday but I dont think thats going to happen. Another family we know will be traveling next week to go adopt their two kids who happen to live in the same orphanage as our girl so we are excited to hear how she is doing. Unfortunately the probably wont be able to go see our boy "Leonid", they adopted from his orphanage before but dont think they will be able to go back and visit but I'm praying maybe they can just one day go see my little guy. Tonight Jared and I are going to have the rest of our paperwork for the dossier notarized then we will have to send it all to the team to check it for errors and if it is correct I can drive to Austin soon to start having it all apostilled. It feels like its never ending but I know after I get all the paperwork done and am just waiting and fundraising I will feel even more helpless since i will have no control over any of it anymore! I just want to see my kids and have them home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!