Sunday, February 2, 2014

Clothes......

The focus of our fundraising since the end of October has been collecting clothing items and pairs of shoes. We thought that this fundraiser was going to end Feb 8th but one of the families we partnered with had a death in the family so we moved the date to the 15th of February. 

All 4 families have been collecting donations for months in hopes of making enough from the proceeds to take a pretty good chunk out of the amounts we still need to pay all of our adoption related expenses. We have tons and tons of clothes and shoes but still don't know if we have enough, and won't until after it's all loaded on the truck and arrives back in CA where it's weighed. 

I'm begging if you're in the Houston area please consider giving us any shoes and or clothing items you don't want anymore. Even items that are slightly stained or have small holes are acceptable. We also need help on the 15th loading the truck with the bags up in Spring if anyone's interested! 

My family is still hoping to bring 2 older girls home in a few months but to do that we need $14,000. One of the girls is Berkeley as she's listed on Reece's Rainbow, the other is a girl we hosted about a year and a half ago. We had problems last year when we went to adopt her but she's been working on them since we left last year. She very much wants to come back here and be a part of our family. She has been able to write us a few times and give messages through other families that have visited her orphanage. When she was here she had a favorite outfit she wore and I found it tonight while unpacking boxes of clothes I have been saving for Berkeley! 
I hope it won't fit her anymore but maybe it will fit Berkeley! I have saved all Ashlyn's clothes she's outgrown and we have been given some hand me downs in sizes that I hope Berkeley will be in and know our girl will be in since I know her sizes. I hung them all in the closet tonight of the room that will be theirs! I'm so ready to get them home.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!