Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gotcha day

Yesterday was Katya's gotcha day. We arrived early in the morning to get her from the orphanage. The orphanage is closing next month to become a regular kindergarten and daycare for the community so only 3 other children remain there now. I brought juice and snack cakes for them and gave them each their own gift bag with a pen that also has bubbles and an assortment of small plastic animals. 

Katya was excited to go but when it was time to walk out she started crying, she's been in an orphanage her whole life and one of the nannies has been with her since she was a toddler. It broke my heart seeing her cry, I know she's terrified of what's ahead but she's doing AMAZING! In fact today she wanted to get on the plane to come to America. 
We still have several days here so we can go to the embassy for paperwork and there's a medical exam she has to do before she can leave the country. 

I did give my email address to 2 of her nannies so I hope they keep in touch so they can see her bloom in a family. 

Here are a few pictures of her. 
This was walking out the gates to the orphanage. This boy was just adopted by an American family so he knows how she feels and was so sweet to comfort her.

Our first meal in a restaurant together!

Last nights dinner, she's a good eater!!! 

Having some gelato 

My chocolate cappuccino 

The apartment complex we are staying in this week


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say hello--I have been praying for Katya for many years now, hoping God would send her a family, and now He has! I'm an American nun living and working in Bolivia, in an orphanage for girls, and know first hand how important family is, especially for kids that are older. I have been so excited to follow along and am thrilled to see her starting out her life with her own family. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers they are appreciated

      Delete

Please only leave positive comments and feedback, anything rude or negative will immediately be deleted! Thanks and God Bless!!!